A SafeDistance Badge can be silenced in 2 ways:
On the SafeDistance Badge:
- Double-press on the button to put it in silence mode it for 5 minutes.
- Double-press again to go back to normal mode.
- Press the button once to have visual (LED flashes green once) and audible (one beep is heard) feedback on the current mode.
On the SafeDistance Platform via a Downlink message:
(This feature is currently under development)
This can be configured via the SafeDistance platform by means of a Downlink command. You can create Downlink Profiles on your account by clicking on the “Asset --> Downlink profiles” tab, as can be seen in the screenshot below.
A user can add multiple Downlink Profiles and assign this to the entire fleet, or a sub-range of devices within their fleet.
The example below, where a “Normal Operation” profile is made, contains the default factory settings of the SafeDistance Badge.
- Set the Bluetooth threshold level to -70dBm (default value)
- Set the Bluetooth transmit power to 0dBm (default value)
- Set the Buzzer to "No" to avoid the SafeDistance Badge making any sounds or vibration
Once the Downlink profile for a SafeDistance Badge, or set of SafeDistance Badges, has been configured, the message will be sent to, and queued at, the SafeDistance LoRaWAN server.
The next time a SafeDistance Badge sends a Proximity Detection message or Heartbeat message (default every 5min) to the LoRaWAN Server, the Downlink message will be propagated to the SafeDistance Badge.
No reboot is required on the SafeDistance Badge an changes will be applied ‘on-the-fly’.