This is the second step in setting up your CloudGate. This step will be explained by connecting a device over RS-232 to the CloudGate.
Please follow the instructions below carefully.
- Browse to the “Main Menu” → “Applications” tab.
- Enable “RS-232” in the input section. A button called “RS232” will appear on the right side.
Please note! It can take up to 30seconds before the RS-232 page is loaded!
- Click on this “RS232” button to add new serial devices.
- In the "RS-232 Application" section, start by enabling the RS-232 port on your CloudGate. There is an option to enable the debug output as wel for debugging purpuse. The output can be monitored in the CloudGate log, available in the "System" tab.
- In the "RS-232 Settings" section, fill in the settings your RS-232 usrs to communicate with the CloudGate. For example:
- Press the "Save changes" button once everything is configured.
Congratulations, your RS-232 device is now connected to your CloudGate. You can proceed to the next step.