This is the second step in setting up your CloudGate. This step will be explained by connecting a Modbus device to the CloudGate.
Please follow the instructions below carefully.
- Browse to the “Main Menu” → “Applications” tab.
- Enable “Modbus” in the input section. A button called “Modbus” will appear on the right side.
Please note! It can take up to 30seconds before the Modbus page is loaded!
- Click on this “Modbus” button to add new Modbus devices.
- In case you're going to connect (a) Modbus RTU device(s), the "RTU Settings" section can be used to configure the Serial port settings. If no Serial Port is detected, it means that your hardware is not equipped with a serial port. Now proceed to the "Devices" section.
- In case you're going to connect (a) Modbus TCP device(s), leave the "RTU Settings" blank and continue to the "Devices" section.
- Hit the "+" icon to create a new Modbus device.
- Enter the Slave ID and select the preferred protocol, this can be either a TCP or RTU device. Once configured, press the "Create row" button:
- In the following section, you can enter the parameters to connect to the Modbus TCP device:
- Hit the "+" icon to configure the registers from this device you'd like to read. Here you can configure the "Register type" and the exact " register address"to be read.
- Once configured, press the "Create row" button to configure more parameters for this register. There's even a advanced fields button available for the more advanced devices.
- Press the "Save" button once completed and repeat the steps above to add more Modbus devices or Registers from the same device.
- In the "Data upload" section, set the enabled switch to yes to make the Modbus data available to the Output section of the CloudGate Wizzard.
- In the "Log" section you can monitor in real-time the registers that have been read.
Congratulations, your Modbus device is now connected to your CloudGate. You can proceed to the next step.