So you want to get remote access to your CloudGate devices in a secure way? Smart!
This guide shows you how to get started!
1. Requesting a License:
- The first step would be to tell your OPTION point of contact the amount of devices you’d like to have SRAS installed on and the e-mail address that we can use to create the account with.
- We’ll make sure that the license is being set up for this amount of devices. It’s easy to add more devices afterwards if desired, so don't worry to miss 1 or 2.
- After this you will receive an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. This will allow you to create an account on the platform http://sras.5abox.com with the credentials you created.
- On the 'Provisioning' page, activate the serial numbers of the desired CloudGates by clicking on the 'Add device' button.
2. Connecting CloudGate to the SRAS platform:
- Next, click on the 'How to install the license on the device' text to see the documentation on how to install the license key on your CloudGates.
- Here we have 4 options:
- New devices from stock without a configuration --> follow the steps described under 'Via CloudGate Universe (suitable for bulk activation)'
- New devices from stock with a configuration --> follow the steps described under 'Manually' or 'Manually, using the configuration image'
- Installed devices without a configuration --> follow the steps described under 'Via CloudGate Universe (suitable for bulk activation)'
- Installed devices with a configuration --> Please contact us. We'll prepare the configuration file that you can install on your CloudGates.
- Follow these steps carefully to get the licenses installed.
3. Connecting your PC to the SRAS platform:
- On the SRAS platform, the 'Devices' page you will get an overview of the boxes with their status. If the steps above went well, the device(s) should be online. Marked with athe status bar.
- Click on the device you'd like to connect to.
- On the Device page, click on the 'Click here for instructions' text and following the instructions for your OS.
4. Connecting to your remote CloudGate:
- With the SRAS connection active on both ends, you are ready to connect to your CloudGate.
- On the Device page, you should see the following:
- If you click on the URL, a new window will open in your browser, directing automaticaly to the CloudGate. This URL is a 'FQDN' and will always remain the same, so you can easily bookmark them!
- To conserve data, you can disable the VPN connection from the SRAS portal to the CloudGate if not being used.