You can install firmware, applications or configurations in two ways:
- Remote Provisioning Through CloudGate Universe (Recommended)
- Local Provisioning using the provisioning tab in the CloudGate web UI.
More info on the provisioning tab: https://cloudgateuniverse.com/docs/provisiong-tab
More info on managing configs and applications: https://cloudgateuniverse.com/docs/managing-applications-configs
When manually uploading LuvitRED to a device using an application file downloaded from CloudGate Universe or a test-build, there are some important things to keep in mind:
- Make Sure to select the correct version
When starting a new project, it is always advised to use the latest version of LuvitRED. To see what's new, please read the release notes.
- Meet the minimum firmware requirements
The minimum firmware requirements can be found in the release notes of the LuvitRED version you are installing or downloading
- Don't let CloudGate Universe override your installation!
After your installation, the device will perform a new check in, if it is connected to the internet. When the current application is different form the application set on CloudGate Universe, the device will automatically download the other version again, or remove the application if no application was set.
You can prevent this by:
- Setting 'ignore updates' for the application/firmware. (Recommended way) More info here: https://cloudgateuniverse.com/docs/ignore-software-updates
- Disabling the automatic check-in on the provisioning tab. (This method is not recommended, since your device can not be provisioned automatically as long as this setting is set on the device.) More info here: https://cloudgateuniverse.com/docs/provisiong-tab